Microsoft announced the next version of XBOX console . Its going to be released in this year.
More details -
Last week I did 4-days XNA C# Game Development training at APIIT Corporate Training, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Event was organized by New Horizons Singapore.
● Basic CG – Vertices, 2D/3D models
● Comparison of XNA vs. DirectX
● C# XNA Demos
● Advanced Effect file (HLSL) features and examples
● Bump map and skybox creation
● Terrain mapping
● Windows wizards/pop up menu
Around 8 people came to the event. Including Software Developers and Game Developers.
Filed under: .NET, 2013, 2d, 3d, 3d games, APPHUB, C#, community games, creatorsclub, DIRECTX, Gameart, Gamedesign, IT, KINECT, lecture, Malaysia, Microsoft, MVP, PC, presentations, Tour, travel, VisualStudio, VS2010, Whats new, Windows Phone, Windows Phone 8, xbox360, xboxlive, XNA, XNA TUTORIAL, XNA VIDEO, XNA3.1, XNA4.0 | Leave a Comment »
Few weeks ago I got an email from Microsoft saying that I have been Re-awarded Microsoft XNA/DirectX MVP title for Year 2013.
It was really memorable moment for me. And proud to be a Microsoft MVP for this year.
There are now total 32 MVPs for XNA/DirectX.
About MVP Program.
My MVP Profile.
Official SEA MVP blog.
Filed under: .NET, 2013, 2d, 3d, 3d games, AI, APPHUB, articals, ASP.NET, Bill Gates, BOOK, C#, C++, Colombo, community games, creatorsclub, CryEngine, CTU, demo, DIRECTX, discussion, Events, game industry, Gamedesign, GCA 2009, GDC, HONG KONG, INDIA, IT, KINECT, lecture, Microsoft, Microsoft Research, MSR, MVP, NOKIA, NTU, NUS, online, PC, presentations, Project Natal, ratnapura, Research, Silverlight, Singapore, SLIIT, Sri Lanka, Tech Days, Tour, Unity, Unreal, VisualStudio, VS2010, Whats new, Windows 8, Windows 8 App, Windows Phone, Windows Phone 8, Windows7, WPF, xbox360, xboxlive, XNA, XNA TUTORIAL, XNA VIDEO, XNA3.1, XNA4.0 | Leave a Comment »
It’s a 32-hour hackathon that challenges developers in Singapore to create innovative new apps featuring Near Field Communication (NFC) technology. Whether you’re a developer, a designer or simply someone with great ideas, you’re welcome to take part. Only 60 people will get to compete.
Date - 23 – 24 Feb 2013
Location - Microsoft 1 Marina Boulevard,
Footage from the Isobar Create London event-
Register now and Make app for Windows Phone 8
I will be moving to Singapore for a new Job at New Horizons Computer Learning Center Singapore.
About New Horizons
New Horizons is the world’s largest IT training company with 300 locations in 70 countries. As a global company, we provide comprehensive programs for individuals looking to expand their IT skills, or looking to take the first step toward new careers. New Horizons work with enterprises and government agencies, including Fortune 500 companies all over the world, to best maximize their IT investment and increase productivity.
I had written this print and e-book about AI Game Programming for Beginners.
Title – AI Game Programming for Beginners
Chapter 01 – Pathfinding
Path finding is about finding the best path to the destination. This chapter focus in Breadth-First, Best-First, and A* (A-Star) pathfinding algorithms.
1. Pathfinding algorithms.
* Breadth-First. * Best-First. * A* (A-Star).
2. Implementing pathfinding in XNA.
* Creating realistic enemy movement sample.
Chapter 02 – Chase, Evade and Wander
Chase and Evade AI behavior can be used in situations like enemy AI implementations. Wandering AI can be used for AI based characters in virtual worlds.
1. Chase and evade algorithm.
*One object turn toward another object (Chase). *One object turn away from another object (Evade). 2. Wandering AI algorithm.
* Object behavior is not effecting to another object. (Wander)
3. Implementing chase, evade and wander AI in XNA.
* Cat, Mouse and Dog objects behaving for Chase, Evade and Wander.
Chapter 03 – Aiming
Aiming can be useful to create projectile based enemy AI shooting. Algorithm will decide best suitable gun projection.
1. Aiming projectile algorithm.
* One 2d object aim toward another object for spotlights, guns etc.
2. Implementing Aiming in XNA.
* Aiming for enemy object by using a spotlight.
Chapter 04 – Tactical and strategic AI
RTS games use waypoint navigation to follow orders in moving units. It could be linear behavior for enemy units or steering behavior for vehicles.
1. Linear and steering waypoint algorithm.
* Object following specific path that provided by the user.
2. Implementing waypoint algorithm in XNA.
* RTS units (both human and vehicle objects) following orders to go on the specify path.
Chapter 05 – Flocking
Flocking AI model can be used for collective animal behaviors of birds, fish, insects etc. Separation, Alignment and Cohesion are key properties of flocking AI behavior.
1. Flocking algorithm with separation, Alignment and Cohesion.
* Set of objects formation to create similar behavior.
2. Implementing flocking in XNA.
* Creating both birds and insects flocking behaviors sample.
Uditha Bandara is specializes in Game development for Windows Phone, Xbox 360, PC, and Zune. He is the South East Asia’s First XNA/DirectX MVP (Most Valuable Professional). He had delivered sessions at various events and conferences in Singapore, Hong Kong, Sri Lanka and India. He has published several articles,books, tutorials, and game demos on his XNA Game Development Blog – http://uditha.wordpress.com